More Organs → More Human

Stupid things I've figured out so that you don't have to.


Site Feed

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Things You Don't Want To Hear Whilst On Vacation, Vol 1

Me, on the cell-phone with my parents: So, were they able to get my car to pass emissions?
Mom: Oh yeah, it passed just fine after they worked on it.
Me: Great! And were they able to figure out why it hadn't been starting?
Mom: Oh sure, yeah, he got all that fixed up.
Me: Cool! Any idea how much it ended up costing?
Mom: ...
Me: Mom?
Mom: Umm, well, we'll talk about it when you get home, I don't want to ruin the rest of your vacation.
Me: Huh?
Mom: Don't worry about it, you can pay us back a little at a time.

[Update: It didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought it might. Still more than I would have liked, though... on the other hand, my car now startst and passes DEQ, which are both good and important things, not to mention two things they wouldn't do before spending a ton of money.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home