More Organs → More Human

Stupid things I've figured out so that you don't have to.


Site Feed

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Notes on Travel, part 1 - 8/15/2005

So, recent weeks have seen much travel, and the weeks to come will see more. I started off in the middle of July with a two-week trip up to Alaska, and almost immediately left for a week or so in Wyoming and Colorado. As I write this, I'm on a plane back to Portland. On Wednesday, I leave for Calcutta by way of Singapore. All in all, I will have spent about five days out of the entire month of August at home. I wish there were a way to pro-rate auto insurance, so that I only had to pay for the five days that my car was on the road and not for the twenty-six days when it will have been parked out front of my house. Ditto for my cell phone— it will be of no use in India, so why should I have to pay for the whole month of August?

The seat-back screen informs me that I am currently traveling at 486 m.p.h., am at 37,577 ft, and am just on the Idaho-Oregon border. If memory serves, the flight path in from Denver swings just to the north of Mount Hood and provides a spectacular view. As such, I made sure to get us seats on the left side of the plane.

[Update: The view was, indeed, spectacular.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home